Traineeships are a work-based skills courses aiming to get you ready for a job or an apprenticeship. Courses are offered by local training providers.
- With a traineeship you’ll develop work-related skills to increase your employability. This includes help with basic digital skills, Maths and English if you need it
- And you’ll also get work experience and qualifications that will help get you a job
- People aged 16 to 24 living in England who are about to leave school or college, or are unemployed and have little or no work experience
- People qualified up to and including Level 3 (equivalent to A Level)
- People aged 25 with an education, health and care plan (EHC)
Time and course type:
- Most Traineeships last for less than 6 months
- If you are claiming Universal Credit you’ll be able to access Traineeship courses of up to 16 weeks full time
- You’ll have a mix of classroom-based learning with a work experience placement
- There is no cost
- You don’t get paid, but you might get expenses for travel and meals at work
Read more and find a Traineeship near you (external website).