If you are looking to update your skills to progress in your current job or to move into a different role, a Skills Bootcamp could be for you. You’ll also be offered a job interview at the end of the course.
- Free, flexible courses providing you with the specific skills employers in different sectors are looking for
- Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be offered a job interview with an employer
- People aged over 19 and living in England
- People who are employed or self-employed, or currently unemployed
- Some Skills Bootcamps have additional eligibility criteria. You can check this with the training provider
- Skills Bootcamps are one of the returnership opportunities (external website) also open to people aged 50 plus in England. Returnerships bring together training, skills, and support opportunities for people over 50 and looking to return to work
Time and course type:
- The Skills Bootcamp gives you flexible courses that last up to 16 weeks
- Courses can be classroom-based, on-the-job, online or a mix
- Free if you are taking the course yourself and not through your employer
- If you claim Universal Credit, you can apply for a Bootcamp and continue to claim benefits while you’re on the course
Find out more about Skills Bootcamps, where they are available and how to apply (external website).