A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year, though most traineeships last for less than 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified up to and including Level 3 (equivalent to A Level)
- You may be ready for an apprenticeship if you already have some work experience.
help with getting work, such as writing a CV and finding a job
- a work placement of 70 hours or more
- help with the skills you’ll need for an apprenticeship or job in the area you want to work in
- a job interview or feedback from an employer
- help with English, maths and basic digital skills (if you need it)
- You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.