Now is a good time to think about your career or reconsider your job or career choices.
The National Careers Service will support you to:
- think about your career
- review your skills
- explore your options
- make a plan to reach your goal
Our careers advisers are here to help whether you know what you want to do or whether you don’t.
They can help you if you:
- want to take the next step in your career but you’re not sure how to
- want to make a change
- have been affected by the pandemic
- are returning to work after a long break
- are taking the first steps in your career
- have been made redundant
Our professional careers advisers can guide you on the next step on your careers journey and help you take control of your future. They will help you find solutions that work with your needs and circumstances. This could be:
- help to find a new job
- a course or qualification
- a promotion at your current job
A customer with no qualifications or work experience had their National Careers Service adviser session. They identified transferable skills that changed the customer’s work search and ideas of what they could aspire to, including an immediate referral to an apprenticeship.
Work Coach, Southern England