There are a range of jobs in the sector – working with stock, packing orders and driving forklift trucks. Whether you’re picking, packing, sorting or scanning, there could be a perfect job for you.
Roles can include:
- receiving goods and storing them
- checking for damaged or missing items
- moving stock by hand or with equipment and/or machinery
- packing and wrapping goods
- loading goods for dispatch
- keeping stock records
- cleaning and tidying the warehouse
The average salary is around £21,000 per year.
Some companies currently recruiting for warehousing and distribution roles include:
Amazon has a variety of roles available in warehousing, including Warehouse Operatives and Sortation Operatives across the UK. Visit the Jobs at Amazon website.
Clipper is recruiting for Warehouse Operatives and various warehousing roles including Team Leaders and management roles. Vacancies can be found on Clipper’s website.