Flexible working could give you the opportunity to expand your job search to more fulfilling and better paid jobs, while keeping a good work-life balance. It could also help you to stay in work if your personal circumstances change.
With flexible working you could benefit from:
- Extra time for childcare, like taking your children to and from school every day
- More time to look after a family member or friend who may need ongoing care or support
- Savings on the time and cost of commuting
- Improved mental and physical wellbeing due to a better work-life balance and reduced stress, if you’re juggling other things in your life
- Increased job satisfaction and productivity
If you have a disability or health condition, flexible working arrangements could also be a way to help you get or stay in a job.
Take a look at how flexible working and support with childcare costs helped Victoria find the right job for her.