- Adapting your CV to the job you’re applying for is crucial. If you don’t, you’re much less likely to get to the next stage.
- Tailoring shows you’ve read the job description and clearly understood how you would fit the role.
- Tailor your employment history to focus on more relevant experience. Don’t be afraid to make a big deal of a small job if it’s more relevant to the role you’re going for.
- Start spotting key words. These will be sprinkled throughout the job advert. Use them in your CV. It’s a shortcut to catching a recruiter’s eye.
- Don’t forget to mention the ‘transferable’ skills you have. These are the skills that most employers would value, such as team working, communication, adaptability and time management.
Go to next page ‘Getting through application filters (Applicant Tracking Systems)’ →
← Go back to ‘Make your CV stand out’ menu page.