Did you know?
- jobs in renewable energy are growing seven times faster than the national average for employment growth, according to the Renewable Energy Association.
- the industry continues to grow, which means more jobs.
- working in this sector contributes directly to a more sustainable UK energy system, powered by clean electricity, and reducing climate change.
Take a look at the Career Mapping tool on Renewable UK’s website where you can get information on industry roles, job duties, qualifications, training, experience, and skills required.
What skills or qualifications do I need?
- science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) and other subject qualifications from HND to Degree level
- graduates and non-graduates with commercial, project management, planning, construction, design, marketing, planning or project management skills
10 Green jobs to inspire a bright career move
Each renewable energy project needs a mix of people and skills, from ecologists, engineers, scientists, planners, project managers, communications professionals, business developers. There are many skills required for roles in green energy.
- Clean vehicle engineers
- Natural scientist
- Green construction
- Solar energy
- Green design
- Wind energy
- Wave energy
- Urban food growing