WAY TO WORK: Get your recruitment moving
Way to Work
If you’re looking to fill a vacancy, Jobcentre Plus can help.
Our employer teams have the expertise and sector knowledge to provide you with the candidates that are right for you.
We already work closely with thousands of employers across the country to help them with their recruitment needs, identifying suitable candidates on our books who could be the perfect fit.
HOW WAY TO WORK CAN HELP
Way to Work is a new partnership between government and employers to get 500,000 jobseekers into work by the end of June 2022.
This partnership will help fill record numbers of vacancies, supporting job-ready people into the labour market and helping them progress into a career.
If you’re a jobseeker, get support, training and advice on finding your next opportunity
If you’re an employer, the services we offer could include:
- providing a named employer adviser who will work with you to fill your vacancies
- giving advice on job descriptions to make them attractive to candidates
- working with you to streamline and speed up your recruitment process, and in return you will aim to offer jobs within 48 hours of interview
- actively promoting your vacancies within local jobcentres
- matching, pre-screening and booking guaranteed interviews if you agree our short listed candidates have priority access to your vacancies
- providing access to Jobcentre Plus offices to conduct interviews
- inviting you to attend local employer recruitment events and sector job fairs to promote your vacancies
- providing networking opportunities to connect with other local businesses
- post recruitment reviews, to discuss on-going support and future recruitment campaigns.
Plus you can advertise your jobs through our online services that are used by thousands of jobseekers every week.
“I’d say to other employers looking to fill their vacancies, use Jobcentre Plus, it’s a great way to go”
Susan McKeown Regional Logistics Manager, Clipper Logistics
Contact Jobcentre Plus
To find out how Jobcentre Plus can help you meet your recruitment needs, get in touch today.
You can contact Employer Services using the online enquiry form
Telephone: 0800 169 0178
Textphone: 0800 169 0172
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Alternatively, if you are interested in finding out further information on the Way to Work initiative, please book your free place at our upcoming Employer Information Sessions.
“I’m proud of the strong relationship I build with the employers, providing a one-to-one service and finding the best solution to their recruitment needs as part of Way to Work”
Claire, Employer Adviser
Connecting you with candidates
By working with Jobcentre Plus you can quickly connect with a UK-wide, diverse pool of candidates who are actively looking for work or to improve their careers. We can also support you through:
- setting up work trials to give you the opportunity to see what potential recruits have to offer
- advice about offering work experience and apprenticeships
- other employment schemes including Sector-based Work Academy Programmes and business mentoring
- help if you employ someone with a disability (Access to Work)
- guidance on employing someone with a disability or health condition.