What is JETS?
If you’re looking for work, need some extra help, and you are eligible, then JETS could be right for you.
JETS is a light-touch employment programme, delivered by our partner organisations, for people who have been unemployed (doing no work) and have been claiming either Universal Credit in the Intensive Work Search regime, or New Style Jobseekers Allowance, for at least 13 weeks.
Your Jobcentre Plus work coach may speak with you about how support from the JETS programme can help you get back to work. This might include specialist advice on how you can move into growing sectors, advice on building your CV and interview coaching. If your work coach agrees that JETS is right for you, they will refer you to the JETS programme.
What does it do?
JETS will provide light touch, personalised employment support for 6 months, which could give you the boost you need to return to employment.
This might include:
- A personal advisor – including regular contact to agree a tailored action plan to help get you back into employment
- Assessment of your employment support needs
- Help with IT skills, job search, CV writing, interview support
- Support to consider different employment sectors/routes and ways of working including home working
- Building confidence, self-belief and self-motivation
- Support for anxieties about working in a Covid-19 environment including potential access to mental health and wellbeing support
- Signposting to skills support and other specialised support and training
Is JETS for me?
To be eligible for JETS you must have been unemployed (doing no work) for at least 13 weeks and are in receipt of Universal Credit in the Intensive Work Search Regime, or New Style Jobseekers Allowance.
If you’re interested, talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach – they’ll be able to advise if JETS is right for you.
If you’re not eligible for JETS then don’t worry, as you can find lots of help and support available from other sources, including the jobhelp site. If you have a work coach, then talk to them about your options.