There’s a national shortage of seasonal fruit and vegetable pickers, with more vacancies expected as we move from spring to summer. Can you help deliver British fruit and vegetable produce for everyone to enjoy?
Here’s what you can expect from a fruit picking job:
- Wide range of jobs – From fruit pickers and packers, to plant husbandry and forklift drivers, there are a wide range of roles available right across the UK.
- Training on the job – In many cases, no experience is required; It’s more important that you’re hard working, reliable and have good attention to detail.
- Working outside – There’s no better “office” than the great outdoors and being in nature has long been associated with good mental health and wellbeing.
- Active lifestyle – You’ll need to be physically fit as you’ll be working on your feet all day, in all weather conditions.
- Flexibility – Most farms are looking for full time workers, but each farm is different so ask the employer about what flexibility they can offer. If you’re ‘on furlough’ from your job you can apply for seasonal work as long as your job contract says you can do other work.
For information and to apply for fruit picking jobs visit Pick for Britain.